Monday, May 11, 2009

Day #2

Yesterday was so much fun! After breakfast the boys got out the camera and took pictures of the helicopter while I flew it around the yard. We got a couple good ones, but it was really hard. Soon we got tired of that so we just sat down and relaxed for a while. Bana and I were drawing with the drawing stuff she brought. Duncan and Dad watched Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. And I'm not really sure what the others did, Hunter kind of disappeared so...
When I couldn't think of anything else to draw I got up and played this game that we recently learned how to play, Kabood'l. I played with Duncan and Dad, but then when I won they got out Uno and played that instead so of course we played four games and I came in last every time! Dad and i then tried to download Windows Live so that I could talk to Mom, but the download didn't work so we just uploaded the pictures the boys and I'd taken that morning and then went through them to see if we really wanted to keep all of them. Afterward the boys and I went and played hide and go seek outside. It was pretty hard cause there is so much yard and so many places to hide!! It was then time to get ready to go! The adults all started make the lunches with the boys and I occasionally getting a snack and putting it in the bags every now and then. When everyone was ready we got in the car and went on a long drive up to the "Buckeye Reservoir". When we got up there we played around the water a while and then we all got hungry so we went and ate. We had sandwiches, so yummy!! We played with the dogs for a while and then all of us piled back in the car. On the way back to the house we found a place to stop and took some pictures of the valley. After some time we figured out how to get back to the house. When we finally got home I took a shower and man did that feel so good!! When I got out we sat down for dinner. It was lobster, shrimp, and hot dogs for the kids. The boys and I didn't have any lobster, but I had some shrimp and a hot dog. The shrimp was oh so yummy!!! After we cleaned up dinner we sat down and played Worst Case Scenario. I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life other than when I've been with my friends. It was tons of fun. Carla and I were a team, Dad, Hunter, and Bana were a team, and Duncan was with Aaron! Today is Taylor's b-day so I just have to say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!



Duncan, Aaron, and Hunter coming back from there hike Saturday.



The cute Lulu (Aaron and Carla's doggie).



Hank!! I love this old guy.



Me, Hunter, and Duncan.



Duncan. I had to bribe him to smile in this picture.



Duncan and Aaron just being boys.



The boys and I again.



Duncan and Aaron at breakfast!



Another picture of Hanky!



More Lulu!!



Bana and Carla on the way to the reservoir.



Hunter down by the water.



Me and Dad.



Carla and I in the car on the way home.



The valley from waaaay up high.



Dad shaving his head. I know you really wanted to see that.



The beautiful trees on the way up to the reservoir.



I really like this picture even though I'd only been awake for five minutes when I took it.

3 comments: