Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2 1/2 hours to do what normally happens in 4!

I had to leave gym early today because we had more tickets to the Symphony and instead of starting at 8:00 it started at 7:00. I didn't think that I'd get through all of the events, but Ilia did. We did Vault first which didn't take long at all so I still had like an hour an a half to do the other events. We then went to Floor and I stuck my full and a half in warm up, but then when I tried to do it in my routine I messed up twice and Ilia didn't want me to try again (probably cause I had to leave soon) so he had me do full first pass and layout last pass. I then went to Bars while everyone else finished up Floor. By the time my friends were on Bars I had to do one more half pirouette and then I was ready. I stuff my routine easily and Ilia then told me to go and ask Andrea if I cold borrow one of the Beams for a couple of minutes so that I could do one routine. At that time I had 15 minutes to warm up on the Floor then warm up on the Beam and show Ilia a routine. I warmed up on the Floor for five minutes then on the Beam for five more and then I went for my routine and I stuck it!!! Oh yeah! I then hurried and changed and Daddy picked me up.

We really fast got a snack so that we wouldn't die of hunger and then we went to the Symphony tonight's performance was "Cho's Anatomy" it was lots of fun! I liked this one almost as much as the "Four Seasons". In the first half David Cho did a lesson on Beethoven's Symphony No. 3 in E-flat Major, op. 55 "Eroica". It was very interesting and after the intermission they did the music with no stops and it was lots easier for me to stay awake when I was listening and trying to here the things that he had talked about. And on a side note when we got into Abravanel Hall we were walking in over to go and find our seats when I saw a boy that looked familiar and I turned to Duncan and said "Isn't that Henry?" (so you know Henry was the D cast Fritz in the Nutcracker this last year and Duncan was very good friends with him) and looked over and at the exact same time Duncan and Henry said "Oh HI!" And then it ended up that he was sitting two rows behind us so I think Duncan was happy that he got to see one of his friends.

Well, tomorrow is Duncan's Birthday and I'm getting him...oh wait sorry I can't tell he might read this!! Haha!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just read your Mom's blog and I figured out that for your next meet you are going to Dallas, Texas. That is about three or four hours from where I live, I in a small town by San Antonio. I wish I could come and see your meet!

    ReplyDelete