Saturday, February 7, 2009

All American review

So I did OK at the meet today and I promise that I'll have my mom upload the video when she gets it all put together, but for now you'll just have to handle my boring way of explaining it!

Floor was first again which I wasn't very happy with, but it turned out to work out OK.
I warmed up and I was all set to go and when it was my turn I wasn't worried at all and I went for my full and the floor was so bouncy (and when I say bouncy I mean really really bouncy) that even though I didn't run hard at all I ended up doing a full and a half instead of just a full, but since I hadn't been planning on doing that I fell cause well ya. The rest of my routine was pretty good. I got 7.75 I guess the judges didn't think that it was as good as I had thought and it probably wasn't.

Then it was Vault. The mat that we landed on was really really soft cause it had a big piece of foam under the mats and it was really hard to stick. I didn't get to stick any in warm up and then on my first Vault the mat bounced me straight to my back! On the second Vault I landed it and did a bunch of steps back until I hit a mat that wasn't as soft and then I stopped walking. I got a 8.55 which is good, but I blame those stupid soft soft mats for making my walk back!!!!

Bars was OK. My free hip wasn't very high and I got to much momentum on my second giant and when I came down to do my kip for dismount I could do it without stopping after the kip and then my dismount was kind of low and it was piked. Oh well I still got a 7.60! That's good I guess.

For beam instead of doing what we normally do at meets where you warm up then jump off the beam then someone else goes then you go again and so on they just had you get up on the beam for two minutes and after that two minutes you were done warming up. Stupid right! Well I fell on series in my routine cause I didn't get to warm them up enough and plus not only did I fall I missed both of my feet on the second one so it only counts as one back handspring and then falling! Oh and when I was warming up Ilia told me to do a front tuck dismount instead of round off tuck, I don't know why, but he did. I got a 8.05 which surprised me since I fell and didn't even touch my feet!

I got 6th place on Vault. 11th on Bars. 10th on Beam. I didn't place on Floor. And I got 10th on All Around with a 31.95. So all in all with three falls and a stop on bars that lets just count as a fall that's a pretty good meet! Though I really don't care how I did cause I already have my score and Ilia doesn't care about my meets anymore he says that there just workout at a different gym! And they are cause now all I'm doing is working up to Level 9.

2 comments:

  1. That is really good! When is your next meet? I cannot wait to see the video! So, next meet are you going to be a level 9?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My next meet is this weekend in Dallas Texas! No I won't be Level 9, but that's what I will be competing next year. I still have a whole bunch of Level 8 meets.

    ReplyDelete