Friday, February 20, 2009

New coach!

Poor Sadie had to come to Russian today and she came on the day that we were having a hard time remembering things and the day that the light decided to go out on us! At first it was kind of faint then it started doing this flashing thingy that made look like we were blinking every half a second! Then it just stopped working and then all of a sudden it decided to do the blinking thing again for about 30 seconds then it went out again! Part way through class Mommy came in and gave me and Sadie our lunch. Mmmmm, food.


Since Ilia has to go out of town this weekend for Cody's competition we had to get a sub and the girl who is going to sub us is going to stay as Ilia's assistant coach! Her name is Brynnlee (I don't know if that's how you spell it so I'm going to ask her tomorrow so if I all of a sudden I spell it differently that's why). She's really nice. She was a gymnast and she made it to Level 10, but then it became too much for her and she quite when she was 17. She is an AWESOME coach!!! I'm really excited to have her as our coach!


Ilia didn't have to leave until 5:30 so after conditioning he sent us to Floor and Brynnlee told us what to do cause even though Ilia was there he wanted us to get used to having her coach us. I had to do five layouts then five fulls. It wasn't too hard, I mean I do those everyday! After that I did full and a half's onto the mat and I was having a hard time sticking them, but Brynnlee gave me some hints and then I was sticking them pretty easy!! I then had to do doubles next and I don't think I ever made it all the way around, but I got pretty close!! After we were done with tumbling we did dance routines then worked on our leaps then did one more. We went to Bars next and Ilia helped Brynnlee set up the Bars then Traci took him to the airport. Brynnlee had us to five sets of kip casts then I had to do four sets of two giants. We only had a few minutes left on Bars after that so she had me do three giant, giant kip dismounts and guess what!?!...I didn't peel off the Bar at all on my dismounts!! I haven't done layouts that good in a while! WOO HOO! We then went to Beam and since it was easy day we did dance routines, but since we had to share the Beams with this other group we only used one Beam and so while we were waiting for our turns we sat and talked with Brynnlee and filled her in on how things go around our gym and stuff like that then after everyone had done a couple of routines she told us to try and make up some skills to maybe do next year. There were lots of different stuff, but the one skill that everyone else couldn't do I did pretty good! It's actually not that hard it just hurts my arms a little! The funny thing that happened was that Taylor tried a headstand (on the Beam) and she made it and it looked awesome! She then tried to find different ways to get down from it, it was really funny and cool at the same time! In all it was a really good day at gym.

When Daddy picked me up from gym we went to Bana's and had dinner and sat and watched some TV with her. When it was about 8:45 I lay down on her coach and I was like asleep, but not asleep at the same time cause I could here everything people were saying and I could wake my self up and talk, but I was like in that sleeping mode. When we left I fell asleep in the car. We got home at about 9:20 and I really didn't want to get out of the car I just wanted to sleep! But I reluctantly got out and went inside and changed really fast then got in bed and fell asleep immediately. Oh I love sleep. I think I got about 11 hours counting the time I slept at Bana's and in the car.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your new coach is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I really really like her! I'm just wondering how it will be when Ilia gets back, you know like having two coaches again cause our class hasn't had two for about 6 months. Well we'll see.

    ReplyDelete