Friday, February 20, 2009

Lots of routines!

OK so I didn't ask Brynnlee how to spell it yet, but really I promise I will...eventually. But anyway when I got to gym Brynnlee told us that we were doing routines today and that for Beam and Bars we would do this deal where if we stuck our first routine we only had to do three more routines stuck, but after the first one if we fell it just didn't count and we'd have to do another routine, but if you didn't stick your first routine then you had to do five more stuck that same way. Well after conditioning me and Sadie went to Beam first while Taylor and Kendall went to Vault and guess what...I stuck my first one! Than I fell on my second, but it's OK cause I stuck the next three after that! So I got done with that pretty fast and then I got to do full turns! Oh what fun. When everyone was done with Beam we went to floor and did two routines, but unlike Ilia we did it where if you fell you just kept going. Ilia NEVER I repeat NEVER lets us keep going if we fall on Floor! He does on other events, but not Floor so that was nice to know, but I didn't need to worry about it cause I stuck both routines. I had to do front tuck front tucks after my routines cause they weren't very good, but there getting better again! After we did leaps for a little while we went Bars and did the same deal as Beam. I stuck my first one and then the next three after that so I just had to work on half pirouettes and free hips after that, but Sadie and Kendall were both having a hard time with their routines and hadn't made any so they were crying then Taylor was crying cause she couldn't make her last routine. So after a little while Brynnlee called all of us over to talk to her and she talked to us and she said stuff like that she knows how bad it sucks when you can't make that stupid half pirouette for the tenth time and how you get so frustrated, but that instead of crying you have to take that frustration and turn it into energy cause crying takes away 30% of your energy. She then told us that we were all going to make at least two routines in the next 10 minutes without crying, but then she told me to just do what I was doing. So my friends did there routines and we were happy, for the most part at least. We still had a half hour left so me and Sadie went to Vault. We had to stick five Vaults and I only fell on one! After I was done with those five I was free to go with my dad to see Twilight for the fourth time! Yippee!


Me and Daddy had been planning on going to Olive Garden, but there was a long line to be seated so we went to Panda Express. The food was really good and I got to sit and talk with Daddy for a little while, but then it was time to go to the movie! When we got over to the theater and we were inline to buy our tickets I turned around and it turns out that one of the ladies that works at the orthodontist office that I go to was also going to see Twilight tonight! Ah what a small world it is. Anyway when we got in the theater it was very long till the movie started and I liked it about as much as I think I can and I'm starting to think that when the movie comes out on DVD I need to get it so that I can confirm things that I didn't notice the first couple of times I saw it. After the movie Daddy drove me home and I'm very happy to say that on our way we could see the U on the side of the mountain flashing red then white which means Utah won the gymnastics meet! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment