Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I thought that you said Wednesday!?!

I know for fact that yesterday night right before I left Ilia said 'See you tomorrow Drew. We're Vaulting on Wednesday so get better.' and then today after conditioning he said 'Kendall, Taylor go to Vault. Sadie and Drew stretch and when there done you go to Vault.' So tell me this what happened to the we're Vaulting on Wednesday cause unless I'm going crazy its still Tuesday!! UGH!

So I did Vault and it didn't hurt to bad doing the round offs, but I had to run faster and punch off the board harder to be able to flip so that really hurt. And then after we were done with Vault Ilia told me to go to floor and do routine with easy tumbling! I tried a couple round off back handsprings and then I went for one layout. It really hurt so I was like OK I'm not doing anymore until my routine. And I didn't want to do THREE layouts cause just doing one killed and I knew I had to do at least two in my routine so for my second pass I did a front tuck since its the same as my really second pass just without the next front tuck! Since it was hurting so bad I asked Ilia if I could use my ace bandage and he said that I could and I was so HAPPY! When everyone was finally warmed up Sadie asked who wanted to go first and I said I did cause I wanted it to just get over with. I started my routine and I almost started crying after my first pass and I had to hold back tears through my second pass, but I couldn't hold them any longer after that last pass it just hurt too bad. Ilia told me to go and do toe raises and that didn't really help, but he wants it to get stronger so whatever. I had to do one more routine luckily just dance.

We then went to bars. I warmed up my second pass and then my first and I went for my routine. My routine was OK it wasn't the best ever, but my second pass is good and dismount doesn't hurt at all so that's good. After my routine Ilia had me do just first pass cause and I quote 'It's ugly.'
Well, thank you Ilia, thank you very much!! I was really nervous for beam cause my ankle still hurt and I didn't want to do series. I warmed up on the floor and it didn't hurt too bad, but it still hurt so I asked Ilia if I could do them on the low beam. First reason: I hadn't done them on the beam in over two weeks. Second reason: My ankle was hurting and I didn't want to do it wrong because of the pain and fall and hurt myself even more. Ilia didn't seem to happy, but he let me, but said that tomorrow I have to do my full routine on the high beam. It did hurt some, but I still did them and I'm still alive. My ankle is really swore now, but I'm OK.

1 comment: