Thursday, March 19, 2009

It all started with a handstand...

After conditioning I did a handstand when Taylor walked over so she decided to do a handstand contest and after that it ended up that our whole class was doing it!!! And then when we just kept on doing it Ilia said that we had five more minutes to play and then we had to do Floor. We all wanted to play the back tuck game, but Hailee couldn't do back tucks with her knee so she did back walkovers instead. Since I was right next to Hailee and it's kind of hard to fall on a back walkover and I was having a hard time sticking my back tucks, I kind of lost really fast. In the end it was just Sadie and Hailee. Hailee said that since she didn't really count that Sadie was the winner!!
On Floor I did doubles on to the mat. I didn't ever make it all the way around, but I'm getting closer!!! I think that I just need to twist a little bit faster and then maybe I'll have it. Ilia sent us to ballet after that cause we still had another 40 minutes before Bars and we were done with Floor. Ballet was like usual. Boring. When we were done with ballet we went to Bars. I did the same thing that I have been doing all week. Parts of routines. My half pirouettes weren't very good today. But my free hips were actually good!! Now really fast about Taylor. She decided that she wanted to try her gienger on the normal bar today and guess what!?! SHE CAUGHT IT!!!! YAY!!! Go Tay! When we went to Beam I asked Ilia if I could do back handspring aerials on to a mat. He said I could, but that instead of back handspring aerial to do just plain old aerial on to a mat. At first I kept on touching my head, but when I showed Ilia he told me what to do and it was a little bit easier after that. Now to tell of Taylor's second new skill of the day. She has been working on front tucks on the low Beam lately and I guess she felt like they were good today so she asked Ilia if she could do it on the high Beam and he was fine with it so...SHE DID IT!!! Again, GO TAY!!!

When me and Daddy got to Bana's house I got some dinner (which Hunter made by the way.) It was really really good. Yummy spaghetti. I sat and watched some TV with everyone when I was done eating and now that we're home I'm sitting here watching Nim's Island. I really like that movie, but all of my friends that have seen it seem not to like it. Oh well, whatever! Now for Nim's Island.

1 comment:

  1. Tell Taylor congrats! Well I am sure my half pireuttes on not nearly as good as yours because myn are terrible! LOL.

    ReplyDelete