Sunday, March 29, 2009

State Weekend

3/29

Sorry I didn’t write Friday night or Saturday night! I just got so busy!! I might not be able to remember everything, but I’ll try the best I can to let you know what I did.

3/27

After I wrote on Friday I ate my food and then Lena called and said that she and Khyla would come and pick me and Mom up and take us to the Level 9 meet!! The girls did awesome!! Floor was first. Kendall did fall, but she still got a 8.45!! Taylor did amazing as usual! She got a 9.075!!! Go Taylor!! Their Vaults were also very good!! I’m so proud of them!! On Bars Taylor did awesome, but Kendall had a hard time because for some really weird reason – this never happens to her – she fell on her free hip and her dismount. Oh, Kendall! I think you need a hug!! After we talked to her for a while she stopped crying and we could sit there and have fun. Kendall stuck her Beam again!!! Taylor had a one fall, but she still got an 8.35!! I sat with them for awards and they all got awesome places! Kendall got 9th in the All Around and Taylor got 5th! We had to leave before they did Team Awards, but I think that they got 2nd place. We went to the store on the way back to the house and Mom got some food to make Chicken Spaghetti for lunch on Saturday. When we got back to the house I got in my PJs and went to bed….
Here’s the Lvl 9 scores:

Vault Bars Beam Floor AA
Kendall 8.85 7.40 8.80 8.45 33.50
Taylor 8.925 8.70 8.35 9.075 35.05
McKenna 8.925 8.80 9.25 7.90 34.875
Sydney 8.65 9.20 9.00 9.20 36.825
Shireen 8.425 9.375 9.025 9.00 35.825
Brittany 8.725 9.00 9.05 8.975 35.70


3/28

When I woke up Saturday Mom told me that I had a half hour to get ready and then we had to leave for Duncan’s clogging competition. I did it though it was a little hard to eat and get everything ready in time, but I managed. When we got to the competition Duncan went and found his class and sat with them. While we were waiting Mom and I sat and watched the dances. After a little bit we went and found the clothes stands and stuff like that and we ended up getting me two shirts and we found this shirt that had ‘CLOG’ in bubble letters and in the ‘C’ it said ‘clog’ in lots of different styles, but the size that we found wouldn’t fit Duncan so we just kept looking and then I found one!! So now Duncan has that shirt and he’s been wearing it all weekend. Duncan and Alyssa did great!!! They were a little off of the music, but they still ended up getting a 1st place. They were both awesome in free style too! Duncan got 1st and I think Alyssa did too! When we were waiting for the scores to be posted Mom sat me down and did my hair. She had to redo it a lot because it felt to loose or she didn’t like how it looked or something and then when we got back to the house all of the elastics were popping so she had to do it yet again! After that I sat and read my book and then we had lunch and I read for a little after that, but then I got tired so I had a nap.

When I woke up from my nap I got ready for my meet and then pretty soon we were off!! We got to it early so I sat around for a little while and then it was time to start. After open stretch we did walk in and they gave each team a car that said the name of the gym on it and we all decided that we wanted to take it to the gym and hang it up!! Floor was first just like the Level 9s. I was 3rd so I had to warm up pretty fast. I felt like it was a pretty good routine and Ilia said he was happy with it so that was good. I wasn’t thinking I’d get any awesome score, but guess what!?!…9.2!!! Oh, yeah!!! Sadie did an awesome routine as well!! I stuck both of my Vaults, but Ilia said that I would have gotten a lot higher score if I had kept my legs tight in my round off, but I still got an 8.75 so YAY!! On Bars Sadie had a bad fall on her free hip and her dismount, but instead of just a normal fall it was where on her free hip she slipped as she was coming up and she did a flip onto her back and on her giant-giant-layout she did the first giant and when she was coming down to do the second one she pealed off the bar and did a very scary dismount to her back again. I didn’t know what to do to help her and she wouldn’t really talk when you tried to talk to her. ~sigh~ I did my Bar routine and apparently it was good cause I got a 8.7 so that’s good. On Beam I went crooked on my series in warm up and then when I went for it in my routine it was straight, but not all the way straight so even though I tried really hard to stick it I still fell. I stuck the rest of it though!! I thought that it was a good routine other than my fall, but I guess not cause I got a 7.95. Sadie on the other hand though didn’t even want to compete Beam after what happened on Bars and it ended up that she did the most amazing routine and got a 9.1!! I’m hoping that will give Sadie back some confidence she was losing on Beam.

When we were all done we sat down on the Floor and waited for awards to start. While we waited me and my friend Stephanie from GTC kept on switching where we would sit one minute I’d sit with the GTC girls and then the next she would sit with me and my friends. I did pretty good in the awards I mean its not like I’m doing this just for the awards, but sometimes it’s fun to be able to say that you won. Anyway I tied for 4th place on Vault, 6th on Bars, 10th on Beam, and…….1st on FLOOR!!!! YAY!!! I’m still overly happy about getting 1st on Floor. I’m not sure when I’ll get over that maybe never. I didn’t think that I had qualified for Regionals, but I did. Micaela, Paige, Abby, Hope, Hannah, and Kim also qualified. Hannah and Kim qualified for the Regional Team. I’m not really sure what that means, but it’s still cool!!!

When the awards were over I talked with Steph and she invited me to go swimming with her and her friends from GTC. I wanted to go, but Khyla had also invited me to go swimming with her and I didn’t want to leave Khy out so I invited her to come with Steph and me. Khyla ended up not going swimming at all because she had forgotten her goggles and didn’t want swim without them. I went swimming with Steph while my friends in my class all had a party together, without inviting me of course. I’m slightly bugged by that, but oh well. I had lots of fun with Steph, Madi, Frannie, Lauren, and some of the girls from Air Bound so whatever. When I got back to the house it was late so I went straight to bed.

Here’s the scores for Lvl 8:

Vault Bars Beam Floor AA
Drew (me!!) 8.75 8.60 7.95 9.20 34.50
4T 6 10 1 7
Sadie 8.725 7.00 9.10 8.90 33.725
Micaela 8.65 9.025 9.10 9.30 36.075
Paige 8.625 9.275 8.80 9050 35.750
Abby 8.35 9.00 9.50 9.15 36.00
Hannah 9.025 9.40 8.70 9.00 36.125
Hope 8.90 8.95 8.95 8.90 35.70
Kim 9.05 9.05 8.85 9.325 36.275
Khyla 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 40.00
1 1 1 1 1
Stephanie 8.475 8.225 8.70 8.80 34.20

3/29


When I woke up this morning I had to race to get all of my stuff packed so that we would leave at 11:00. I felt like I was a little rushed, but it ended up OK cause I got everything packed. When we stopped for gas on our way out of town I got a drink and a snack, which ended up lasting me the whole ride home!! I read my book at first, but then Mom wanted us to watch a movie called “Fist Full of Dollars” it was actually pretty good. It wasn’t the best and not very much happened, but it was good. When the movie was over the boys wanted to watch “Iron Man” and I didn’t really feel like watching another movie so I read my book for the rest of the ride and it went by really fast!!! When we got home I sat down and read more of my book, but then Mom made me go and unpack. When I was done I went and read my book some more. And now I’m almost done with it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment