Friday, January 9, 2009

Competition and yet more competition

Daddy took me to Mommy's house this morning. I was almost all ready to go and then we started my hair. It took us over an hour just to put up my hair! And then we had to race to finish getting ready and then get out to my competition in time. But we got there and everything was just fine. Floor was our first event and I wasn't mad but I wasn't happy about it because having floor first meant beam was last. I was first so I had to warm up quickly so that I could rest before I competed. I stuck my routine, but I accidentally stepped out of bounds twice before my tumbling paces. My score card said that they only marked me down for one so I think that either they didn't see the second one or I was just on the tape so they didn't count it, but either way my score was: 8.85 I would have gotten higher than a 9.00 if I hadn't gone out of bounds. Vault was next and I wasn't nervous until we started vaulting. The landing was horrible! It hurt my ankles soooo bad! But I got it lucky. My friend Micaela fell in warm up and she hurt her ankle so bad that she couldn't compete her tsukahara and had to do front handspring. Kim was the only one that did a tsukahara pike (everyone else did tuck) and she fell on both of her them in competition. It was so sad to watch her limp back to her spot on the run way so she could do her second vault. Anyway the vault was bad. I stuck it somehow and got a 8.5
Bars was good. I connected my cast dismount from my giants and got a 8.35
Beam wasn't as good as bars. I felt good in warm up and I wasn't really worried, but I fell on my series and my full turn. I got a 7.45 Ilia wasn't mad at all he just said that it was ok and we are going to be doing a lot of beam from now on. I didn't place on anything, but I don't really care. I had fun and that's all that really matters.


After I got home from the meet and had lunch I finished getting ready to go to my dad's house and then me and my mom went over to the Utah Gymnastics meet. Me and some of my friends got to hold the scores. It was lots of fun. The meet was amazing. Everyone did awesome. At the end I felt really bad for Beth Rizzo cause she did an exhibition (it's a routine that they compete but the score doesn't count) and on her last pace (double back tuck) she fell and couldn't finish her routine. We couldn't tell if it was her ankle or her knee that she hurt, but she was in pain.

Tomorrow is the Level 9 and 10 competitions. I can't go to them cause Duncan has a clogging recital and so I'm going to that.

GOOD LUCK KENDALL, TAYLOR, MCKENNA, SYDNEY, SHIREEN, BRITTANY, AND HAILEE! YOU GUYS ROCK!

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Sounds like you had a great time! When is your next meet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My next meet is this coming Saturday in Las Vegas. I did have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete