Monday, January 5, 2009

Snow...snow...COMPETITION!?!

"It's snowing, it's falling, the old man is shoveling." (and maybe snow blowing, too!)

It has been snowing almost all day! It wasn't when I woke up but then a little while later it started and then it didn't stop for a loooooong time. The roads are crazy! It looks like the snow plows haven't plowed at all! Now I'm sure they have but, that just goes to show how bad the snow was.

------------------------------------------------

After conditioning we sat down to stretch for a couple more minutes but, then Ilia said "Go beam." and Hailee was like "Don't we normally do vault first?" and he said "Yes, but a half hour is not enough time." I didn't really care cause either way I'd be going to beam. So we went to beam and after we had finished warming up Ilia said that our first routine was a warm up and the second routine counted so, the usual. I was slightly nervous for my series, but I stuck them perfectly (well, almost perfectly.) and I wasn't to worried after that except for full turn, but I stuck them easily. After we were done with beam we went to bars and I ended up doing THREE routines (everyone else did one.) because I kept on doing a really good routine and then I would fall on my dismount! It was very annoying and then finally I stuck it. I then of course had to go and do them without the routine. When we were done with bars Ilia told Hailee, Kendall, and Taylor to go to vault and for me and Sadie to go and do full turns on beam. We did, but we wanted to make it a little more interesting so every time that one one of us did a full turn the other had to say something random to try and distract the other one (cause there's a lot of distractions at competitions.) it worked out pretty good. I then went to vault and Sadie came over with me and did layout of the vault (she fractured her wrist a couple of weeks ago on a round off whip back handspring.) Then after we did vault Ilia told us to go over with the others and do dance routines on floor. My mom came in a couple of minutes before we were done and told me that Ballet had been canceled because of all this crazy snow!


Well I should probably go and finish up my homework that I didn't do this morning and then go and eat some dinner. Maybe, I'll get the dinner first.

2 comments:

  1. I did not mean to delete my post! I know how it is when you can't stick something! Good thinking with the random commets on beam! Are you going to play in the snow at all? It does not snow very much where I live. How old are you? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had time to go out and play in the snow! That would be nice.

    ReplyDelete