Saturday, January 3, 2009

Feels like a Monday

This is crazy it's Saturday but, it feels like it's Monday! I keep thinking that I compete in 4 days. Man I think this whole morning workouts is messing with my brain!


Gym was kind of different today well, at least for a Saturday it was. Instead of just doing tumbling on floor and bars we did every event. We did bars first and I made my first routine and I thought my dismount was good but apparently not cause Ilia did his little Russian thing that he does that is kind of like saying oh gosh and told me to do dismounts. So I did and he just kept on telling me 'Drew, straight body!' and it really felt like I was straight but he never let me move on and he was saying the same thing every turn. I swear no matter how hard I try he still gets mad at me! But, I guess he could just be nervous about the fact that competition is next week. And finally he told me to be done with bars and go to our next event. So I did and when I got my grips off I came out of the locker room Natasha (one of the other coaches) was on floor and I had thought that we were going to floor so I asked my friends and they said that we were supposed to be on floor but that it was Natasha's classes last event and so we were going to beam instead. At the time I was kind of mad but, then I was OK with it cause I'm glad we went to beam. Ilia had said that we had to do two routines. The first one didn't count but the second one was like a competition, just without the judges and scores. And guess what!?! I stuck both of them! My series were really good and I almost fell on my full turn on my last routine but, I didn't so YAY!!!
After beam we went to floor and I was having a hard time with sticking my round off back handspring full and a half but I decided that I would just go for it in my routine cause normally I can stick it then. I was worming up my last pass when Ilia asked me to show him a front tuck front tuck so I did. I fell on my butt. But, I did it! Ilia then told me that was my new second pass instead of front handspring layout what he didn't tell me was that I didn't have to do the front tuck open round off back handspring layout for my last pass anymore so I kept worming it up but, then he saw that I was doing it and told me to do round off back handspring full instead. I stuck my routine and it was really good. Then I just did tumbling while Hailee, Kendall, and Taylor went to vault and then I went to vault did a couple vaults and we were done!!

---------------------------------------------------

After we got home I took a shower and then had my mom do my hair up all cute. We also took down the Christmas decorations. Our living room looks sooo much bigger without that huge tree there! Hehe. My little brother Duncan kept turning on the same movie over and over again, I think we watched Unaccompanied Minors like 7 times in about 8 hours!
No joke. I mean it's a funny movie but when you've seen it so many times that day...it gets kind of annoying. Well I'm off to bed now cause with a new year comes new church times. So now I have to be up and presentable by 8:45. This might not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment