Friday, January 2, 2009

One week

In exactly one week is my first competition. I am kind of nervous but at the same time I feel like I'm ready for it. I have my Bar routine other than I need to work on getting to handstand on my free-hip and I need to get my dismount out of my giants. I am doing a kip cast dismount out of my giants right now and I think I'll be competing my bars like that. I have my Beam routine I just need to work on sticking everything, especially my full turn. My Floor is good...well I do need to work on my last pass but, other than that I'm ready. My Vaults are just fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------

My best friend Sadie got back from Mexico today. She had gone for Christmas and I had really missed her and I'm glad she is home. We did Bars first. I went to Bars next I did my routine a couple of times then I finally made it without stopping on my kip cast after my giants. So then I asked Ilia if I could do just plain old dismounts. And I did that until we were done with bars. So like, 15 minutes. I then went to Beam I was having a hard time sticking my series (at first) which are back handspring-back handspring but, lately I have been sticking them easily. I don't know what was wrong. I was also having troubles with that darn full turn but, I stuck it eventually. Then after that I went to Vault and my vaults were good but I don't know maybe it was just me but the board seemed bouncier than normal. But maybe it's just that I was punching in the right spot. Hehe. And then Ilia was on the phone so I didn't know where he wanted me to go next and Hailee, Kendall, and Taylor were coming to Vault so I had to do something so I just went onto the tramp with Sadie but, then Ilia finally was off the phone and he told me to go to floor and work on my last pass, front-tuck open round off back handspring layout.

So in all it was a pretty good day. I just need to stay motivated and keep trying no matter how hard it is or how mad Ilia is at me and then I will be ready for competition.

Thank you Mom for making this amazing blog for me!

4 comments:

  1. I like that last pass on floor. It looks really cool.

    And yes, Drew has a lot of best friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how old are you? I have some trouble with my full turn to. I wish I were a level 8 I am working on level 7 and will move up in March. But right now I am competing on boring level 6. Check out my blog flipNout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drew,
    I will be reading. Having goals is a great way to keep you improving and getting better at your chosen task. :> Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 12, Reecee. My mom subscribed me to your blog. Thanks for reading Heidi you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete